Just The Facts, Ma’am (Vintage Mystery Challenge) Sign-up

After having read a lot of detective stories, I have decided to play detective. If you have lost your purse or a candy bar or your neighbor’s lawn mower, puh-lease!! I am not interested! Jokes apart, I have decided to participate in Bev Hankins’ Just The Facts, Ma’am – Vintage Mystery Challenge.

Bev told me about this challenge and I was super excited to participate. If you are participating in British Crime Classics Challenge (which is hosted by me), then do consider participating in Bev’s challenge. You can combine both the challenges, after all, both are based on crime and mystery novels.

Just The Facts, Ma’am sign-up page

British Crime Classics Challenge

Bev’s challenge is pretty interesting. With who, where, when, how, why and what, the list is long and so are the options.

There are two options available for those who are interested in participating.

Golden Mystery Era (before 1960)

Just the Facts Golden 2019

Silver Mystery Era (1960-1989)

Just the Facts Silver 2019

Looks interesting, isn’t it? I have decided to do both – Golden and Silver Mystery era. So this means loads of fun and loads of crime solving.

Challenge Levels
Constable: 6 books — one from each category
Detective Sergeant: 12 books — two from each category
Inspector: 18 books — three from each category
Inspired Amateur: 24 books — four from each category
Chief Inspector: 30 books — five from each category
Superintendent: 36 books — six from each category
Chief Superintendent: 42 books — seven from each category
Deputy Chief Constable: 48 books — eight from each category
Chief Constable: 54 books — nine from each category
Master Detective: 60 books — all ten books from each category

I am going to start as a Constable (always start at the beginning) and hopefully, by the end of 2019, I might be promoted to Chief Inspector! Wish me luck!

16 Comments Add yours

1. LA says:

This looks so fun! I just don’t think I’m able to do it but cool idea!

1. Rekha says:

Thanks, LA. πŸ˜€ Looks like super fun and I am super excited. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Liked by 1 person

2. loryne says:

This seems like a lot of fun! All the best girl! πŸ™Œ

1. Rekha says:

It is, isn’t it. πŸ˜€ Thanks, Loryne πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. Here’s wishing you luck, Ma’am CHIEF INSPECTOR!

1. Rekha says:

Aye aye, sir. πŸ˜€

1. Love your posts, Rekha.

2. Rekha says:

Liked by 1 person

3. My pleasure, as always.

4. Shalini says:

Yayyy… This is so fantastic… Hope you solve all mysteries super fast

1. Rekha says:

πŸ˜€πŸ•΅οΈ

Liked by 1 person

5. Great to see a new participant in this reading challenge. I’ve taken part in it this year and really enjoyed it. For some of them my little grey cells were quite taxed, but the beauty of the setup i.e. monthly link ups is that you can get ideas for certain categories based on other pariticipant’s reads.

1. Rekha says:

That’s great, Kate. I will have a look at your entries so that I get an idea for certain categories in case I feel stuck. πŸ˜‰ I have made a list of books that seem fit for some categories, I need to do a bit of research for the rest. Time to use ze grey cells, Mon Ami. πŸ•΅οΈ

6. Bev Hankins says:

I’m so glad you’re joining me on this one! Hope you have fun with it!

1. Rekha says:

Thanks, Bev. πŸ™‚ I am super excited about the challenge.