One of my book resolutions for next year was to read more paperbacks. I have read just one or two paperbacks this year! My bookshelf is overflowing and I think it’s high time I read em’ all!
I came across Dora’s post this week and thought of joining the challenge that she’s starting. It’s called The Untouched Bookshelf Challenge. You can read more about it here.
There are certain rules for participating in the challenge and as you all know, some rules are meant to be broken. *Winks* Dora says that if you have received the book as a gift or through giveaway contests then that doesn’t count. I don’t suppose I can call this a gift as it has been given to me by a book-lover. (Please note so as to say yes) One of my neighbor’s daughter lives in the US and she loves to read books. Once she finishes reading the books, she brings it to India so that I can read. Her choice of genres and authors is vast and I have been introduced to a lot of new and interesting writings, thanks to her. Martin Beck series is one such set of books that I got from her. Written by the husband-wife duo – Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall, (Scandinavian authors) I absolutely love the series! Have you read any of their books?
So, I have made a list of books that I bought but never read, and books that were given to me (not by authors or won in a giveaway).
- Original Sin by P.D. James
- The Murder Room by P.D. James
- That Old Ace in the hole by Annie Proulx
- Stella Bain by Anita Shreveport
- Sleeping on Jupiter by Anuradha Roy
- Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Jansen
- They did it with love by Kate Morgenroth
- The Snow Garden by Christopher Rice
- Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler
- The Recital by Robert Elmer
- What If by Randall Munroe (non-fiction )
- So far from God (Ana Castillo)
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- The Abominable Man (Martin Beck Series)
- The Terrorists (Martin Beck Series)
I also have a couple of Patricia Cornwell novels. I don’t know if I have read them or not. *Facepalm* Once I finish with this list, I will read those. I have plans to re-read the Martin Beck series, Agatha Christie novels and a couple of books by other authors – the ones that I purchased for I-don’t-know-why reasons!