Cathy @ 746 Books is the host of 20 Books of Summer.
It’s not summer in this part of the world. I don’t know what season it is because it’s fricking hot until late noon, then rains like there’s no tomorrow until midnight, then we have a bit of chilly early mornings. Repeat.
The only best thing about our ‘summer’ here are fruits. Loads of jackfruits and mangoes. And of course, summer coolers – all types of sherbets and lassi. YUM!!!
Moving on, last year I chose 20 women’s fiction/contemporary fiction titles for 20 books of summer. I
struggled ahem 😉 managed to finish ten by august. As a mystery lover, I found it exhausting to read books which have no mystery whatsoever. Don’t get me wrong, I do like a bit of calm and smooth-sailing story once in a while. A charming second-chances story set in Greece or Italy. I can manage just one or two books of such kind. Not 20!! What on earth was I thinking when I thought I could read 20 books of this genre????
End of rant. 😉
This year, I am choosing 15 books for this challenge. I have a lot of NetGalley and Edelweiss + backlogs so reading them as a part of this challenge seems like a good idea. What say? Majority of books in my list comes under the (sub)genre of Cozy Mystery.
Here’s my list:
- Murder in the Marshes by Carter Fielding
- Macarons can be Murder by Rose Betancourt
- Death at the Chateau by Ian Moore
- Passport to Spy by Nancy Cole Silverman
- Murder with a Twist by Carter Fielding
- Take the Honey and Run by Jenny Marts
- How the Murder Crumbles by Debra Sennefelder
- A Cryptic Clue by Victoria Gilbert
- Death in a Pale Hue by Susan Van Kirk
- Deadly Intent by Laraine Stephens
- Dune House by Eunice Mays Boyd
- Slay Bells by Eunice Mays Boyd
- A Streetcar Named Murder by T.G. Herren
- Dead Men Don’t Decorate by Cordy Abbott
- A Cornish Seaside Murder by Fiona Leitch
Have you read any from the list above? Carter Fielding, Nancy Cole Silverman, Debra Sennefelder, Victoria Gilbert and Fiona Leitch are some of my favorite authors and I am eagerly waiting to catch up on their latest installments/new series. 🙂
Am sure these will be more to your liking since it’s your usual genre. Good luck🙂
Thank you. 🙂
Yes, fingers crossed I will be able to complete these.
Thanks for taking park Rekha, good choices. Best of luck!
Thank you, Cathy 🙂
You know what you like! That’s great–enjoy reading your cozys!
I wish I could say anything about the books, but I don’t recognize any of the authors. I guess cozies are not my mug of beer
I prefer cozies when I don’t want a high intense story. 😊
I read an action/adventure one this weekend. Jericho Quinn series by Marc Cameron. If you like Jack Reacher and Jack Ryan type fast-paced, then you might like this. 😊 At present, it’s available on KU (the publisher might take it off next month.)